Our client is proud to be one of the world’s leading media and entertainment groups. Whether it be on-air, via global player or through their outdoor advertising, they entertain and reach over 50 million individuals across the UK every week.
Overview of job
The Trading Account Manager will use their ability to build and foster strong relationships with key stakeholders and influence buy-in to leverage all possible revenue. You will be a team player who thrives in a highly fluid, agile environment and delivers excellent customer service with innovative sales solutions. The Trading Account Manager will oversee a portfolio of agencies and specialists and ensure that maximum share & best prices are achieved on every piece of business whilst identifying opportunities within the portfolio to create new sales opportunities.
3 best things about the job
- Client facing role working with their largest customers
- Exciting fast paced role within a large trading team working alongside your agency counterparts.
- Opportunity to own a large portfolio trading across some of our clients' largest clients
Measures of success –
In the first few months, you would have
- Demonstrated a strong understanding of all our client's products and environments able to clearly articulate the sales benefits of each.
- Be delivering a minimum of 5 proactive pitches per week to your specialist.
- Build first class relationships with your customers.
- With limited support of your Group Trading Manager be handling all negotiations across your portfolio.
- Understanding of the wider client portfolio in audio and DAX
- Presenting regularly in front of your key customers and internal colleagues.
Responsibilities of the role
- Contribute to delivering weekly, monthly and quarterly team sales targets
- Own the investment arm of a large portfolio of agencies / specialist business (+£10m per annum) with limited support from senior sales members.
- Develop and nurture new and existing relationships with both external partners and internal stakeholders
- With limited support from your Trading Group Head own your portfolio on all negotiations including those largest clients.
- Apply your detailed knowledge of our client's inventory to provide relevant solutions for briefs and development of proactive ideas.
- Ensure by smart trading that all formats within our client's portfolio are commercialised and improving profitability.
- Use exceptional negotiation and selling in order to maintain trading rates and secure high-volume deals significantly improving yields consistently across our client’s estate.
- Collaborate with OOH specialists in order to grow sales opportunities.
- Negotiate best share on all briefs inline and above our client's market position.
- Work aligned with the strategy and client sales teams to deliver achieve budgets for our client
- Manage and develop relationships with a range of stakeholders across the company
- Ensure that they have booked all activity accurately avoiding credit queries and issues.
- Presenting weekly to your key clients independently
- Working alongside your Head of Trading on improving yields on key trades and formats.
- Have a detailed knowledge of all products and parts of the client's estate
- Proactively pitching a minimum of 5 opportunities per week Regularly presenting in team meetings and key commercial meetings within the company.
What you will need
The ideal candidate will be proactive and willing to develop and implement innovative solutions, capable of the following:
- Demonstrate media sales experience as an experienced Account Manager in a trading division
- Degree educated in a relevant field preferred but not essential.
- Strong understanding of the UK Media market Place.
- Demonstrate hitting and exceeding sales targets consistently in a team environment (Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly)
- Proactive sales approach and able to deliver creative and innovative solutions
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Resilient and flexible individual who is interested in developing their ultimate career
- Proactive, innovative, motivated outlook with passion for Outdoor & Media