MEDIA EXECUTIVE – PRESS & OOH
REPORTING TO: Media Manager – Press & OOH
The Media Executive – Press & OOH provides direct support to the Media Manager – Press & OOH and Head of
Media to maximise trading capabilities aligned to department strategy to drive increased revenue and profit,
focusing on press and out of home mediums, as well as being accountable for assigned accounts relevant to their
team patch of business. The role contributes to the day-to-day administration and should liaise closely with Media
Coordinators to ensure accurate fulfilment.
• Implement the required strategic vision and plan for the development of assigned accounts and media
partners, as directed by the Media Manager and Head of Media.
• Responsible for the performance across assigned accounts.
• Maximise billings for clients whilst optimising ownerships by medium and media owner.
• Ensure traded billings deliver against agreed agency and client KPIs.
• With Media Manager guidance, influence and persuade media partners on the acceptance of barter as
payment for media space and conduct such trades on behalf of Active’s clients across Press & OOH.
• Support the Media Manager to explore and create deal structures with the relevant media partners,
ensuring suitable account management practices are followed.
• Implement agreed strategy for optimal draw-down of inventory positions, presenting commercially
advantageous solutions to core agency contacts.
• Provide support to Media Manager to ensure ‘barter friendly’ solutions are promoted and presented
consistently to increase client & agency return (i.e. increasing traded billings or return %), and ad-hoc
opportunities (i.e. sponsorships or short-term).
• Demonstrate ability to competently present barter to media partners and agencies.
• Ensure tradability of existing clients is managed effectively with relevant agency contacts, including
compilation of pipeline for existing clients via each agency.
• Ensure all bookings and P&Ls are completed and uploaded in an accurate and timely manner, providing
the Media Coordinator(s) all appropriate information and insight.
• Help the Media Manager identify, build and maintain relationships with key decision-makers at media
agencies (i.e. barter contacts and Investment points) and media partners (breadth of departments).
• Work alongside Head of Media to identify products and services most attractive to our core media
• Support Travel & Events and Business Services drive to deliver point of difference to our media partners.
• Utilise systems (IPA, Salesforce, IPOWS, etc.) effectively to maximise efficiencies and generation of
accurate historical/live information for both internal and external partners.
• Coach and mentor less experienced members of the Media team, and show strong work ethic, attention
to detail and effective time management.
• Support Media Manager to compile your Development Plan and work to agreed objectives.
• Seek opportunities to work with other departments to increase internal knowledge, and work independently
to grow understanding of the media and barter industries.
• Promote team self-development.
• Provide Media support when required to the Finance department to ensure invoicing is seamless, queries
are solved in a timely manner, and they are made aware of factors that will impact their roles and
• Work alongside peers and other departments to plan strategies and coordinate efforts to achieve our goals.
• Contribute to department & company meetings and encourage adoption of company culture & values.
• Develop strong understanding of all mediums and support the Media Manager to champion your allocated
lead medium, ensuring continued education for the rest of the business at quarterly presentation updates.
• Ensure the Media Manager is kept fully informed on any developments that may require their input or may
impact their internal or external dealings.
• Identify and implement improvements to company practices.
• Prepare reports and ensure contracts are executed as required.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities which may be assigned to you from time to time.