Our client is a new out-of-home media owner. They believe that the whole of the UK matters to
advertisers, so they are working hard to bring quality outdoor advertising opportunities to great towns and
audiences that are currently under-served in the market.
As a Media Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for selling Digital and Traditional
Out of Home advertising space to the Local/Direct and Direct Agency market within your focus territory and
across the UK. You will enjoy the unique opportunity of having access to all formats within the company
portfolio. Your priority is to successfully sell the inventory allocated to you. You will become the point of
contact for all businesses who purchase their advertising directly in your area. It will be your responsibility to
build the brand in your region.
● Lead Sourcing: You will be responsible for sourcing your own leads, booking your own sales
appointments and selling to businesses within your patch. You will work towards quarterly sales
● Attending Sales Meetings: You will be targeted with attending a set number of sales meetings each
week. During these meetings you will gather information about the target business pertinent to their
advertising needs. You will present the company's proposition in these meetings and be the face of
the business in your territory.
● Managing a Sales Pipeline: You will be required to maintain an up to date CRM system, documenting
your client interactions and activities. You will use this to ensure that you are generating enough
leads and sitting enough appointments to satisfy your sales targets.
● Building Proposals: You will make use of the marketing material to compile your own sales
proposals to present to prospective clients.
● Forecasting/Meeting Sales Targets: You be responsible for meeting a quarterly sales target and will
be required to accurately forecast your weekly expected revenue to your line manager.
● Negotiation: You will possess a good level of commercial acumen and a proven ability to negotiate
and close sales.
● Previous sales experience (field sales). Media Sales experience is a plus; however, we will consider
applicants from all Direct sales backgrounds. You will have a strong, demonstrable track record of
meeting sales targets.
● Proficient in MS Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook. You will be comfortable creating professional sales
presentations using MS Powerpoint and proficient with all aspects of MS Outlook including managing
a business calendar, task list etc.
● Well presented, professional and articulate. This is a client-facing role and you will serve as a
representative of their brand. You will have a confident, well-spoken telephone manner and will
always present yourself immaculately when meeting clients.
● Ability to travel to patch with ease. You will be selling to businesses within a geographic territory and
it is vital that you can travel to the region. Ideally you will live within the territory.
● Full UK driving license