- The Investment team are primarily responsible for the trading and delivery of our agencies and clients’ campaigns and also ensuring that we are hitting any measurement and commercial targets. As an executive within the team, you will play an essential role in enabling us to fulfil this remit. Primarily, it will be in support function whilst learning the skills required to progress. Then we will look to get you trading within one of our agency teams or assisting in our accountability and performance team in order to ensure we hit our targets.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND RELATIONSHIPS
- Responsible for the trading & negotiation, agree & control price across booking
- Comprehensively understand the media owners, their business and be an internal brand ambassador.
- Develop strong relationships with all media owner contacts
- Work alongside all members of the investment team on negotiations, and all bookings relating to assigned business area
- Work with the Planning team and the rest of the Investment Team in negotiation and delivery of approved campaigns
- Provide expertise for the assigned business area, externally & internally communicating any relevant changes in the marketplace
- Contribute to the development of internal documentation & software to supply Planning Team with pricing and availability in a relevant, consistent, efficient, and accurate manner.
- With the Investment Directors and Planning Team – deliver relevant KPI requirements and PRF guarantees.
- Have a thorough understanding and utilise all tools and systems, e.g. Route, Fusion & Aim.
- Be responsible for deal co-ordination and market updates
- Take the minutes in the Investment team meeting and co-ordinate Media Owner slots within this
- Update our trading tool ‘The Exchange’ for the Investment team and working closely with Investment Managers to coordinate the distribution across the wider market as well as internally.
- Be responsible for the weekly campaign tracker - diarise and chase SAB/upgrades and value for relevant campaigns
- Input into the post campaign analysis process across the department working closely with each member of the team to deliver all relevant detail on time.
- Work closely with key members of the team across the independent agencies
- Strive for maximum efficiency in plan creation and workflow process.
- Begin to form a long-term overview of format, environments and media owners and be innovative in approach.
- Endeavour to pro-actively grow and develop key client business alongside the planning teams
- Attend internal/external site tours where relevant
- Develop and grow industry knowledge through attendance of internal and external training programmes – become a member of the Executive programme
- Share knowledge and best practice across the team and business
- Get involved in wider company initiatives including new business pitches, Cogs, etc
- Comply with all company and departmental policies and procedures
- Demonstrate proper care and respect for corporate assets
WORKING HABITS AND CORE SKILLS
- Provides direction and supports the team
- Fresh thinking and spots new opportunities
- Puts business first and generates added value
- Presents themselves with authority and instils confidence
- Thinks beyond the problem and makes informed decisions
- Proactive with customers and suppliers’ business; ensures a high standard of team output
- Mult-tasking and always ensures attention to detail
- Energetic, open to constructive criticism and goes above and beyond
- Shares knowledge and looks to further personal development
YOUR EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Previous media planning and/or office/admin experience
- Strong numeracy & analytical skills
- Negotiation and innovative trading ability
- Accurate and acute attention to detail
- Experience of building strong relationships with clients/media owners
- Microsoft office skills