It’s the Audio Group Head’s responsibility to help their key agency partners navigate and buy into their market leading portfolio of radio brands and audiences easily.
The main purpose of the role is to drive revenues through activating the hub agency trading deal by effective airtime trading, creating demand for digital audio and selling creative/S&P solutions. A central requirement is to help build our client’s external reputation by ensuring that they are seen as a dynamic, collaborative, respected partner.
The Audio Group Head reports to the Group Business Director and works closely with the Client Lead(s) and Creative Strategist(s) aligned to the hub to ensure the Customer Strategies and Adventure Process are implemented effectively in relation to audio. They manage and lead the Account Directors and Account Managers within the team and oversee the radio airtime planners.
While airtime trading, digital audio and audio-led creative solutions will be the core focus, the role also heavily involves selling cross-platform partnership opportunities across our client’s publishing and event platforms. Furthermore, as the appetite for digital audio increases, the Audio Group Head is expected to work alongside the Head of Digital Audio to help lead their digital audio proposition and understand their digital audio strategy, raising both their profile and securing incremental revenue, whilst having a strong understanding of our client’s programmatic position through Octave.
- Drive airtime revenue and share of airtime spend across the hub agencies.
- Build, maintain and develop deep relationships with investment and partnership teams
- Activate and manage the trading deals alongside the Group Business Director working with the Group Commercial Director, the Director of Commercial Strategy, and the Head of Commercial Insight to track spend levels, barter allowances and value usage. Ensure that the key deal metrics are met, and their day-to-day service is fast, efficient, and accurate
- Provide the Collective hub agencies with competitor reports, programming updates, RAJAR figures and all other ad-hoc requests
- Ensure S&P contracts are administered effectively, accurately and in a timely fashion
- Produce compelling PCAs in conjunction with the Account Directors/Managers and Adventure team to determine the impact and influence of creative and digital audio campaigns
- In-depth knowledge of allotted agencyy and their clients with a core focus on investment teams to drive airtime and digital audio spend and partnership teams to drive S&P spend
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of their competition along with the ability to talk confidently about the current developments in the market and company plans for the future
- Build understanding of the radio and digital audio markets and keep on top of all developments
- Ensure all incoming creative briefs are fully interrogated, challenged and correctly prioritized for the business using the brief calculator, are inputted accurately into CRM, are tracked through to an effective conclusion and that the pipeline is accurate at all times in CRM
- Ensure the Adventure Process is correctly implemented on all incoming creative briefs
- Demonstrable proactivity in selling across our client's brands and platforms to maximise revenue, informed by insight and research, responding in line with client requirements and the Adventure Process
- Work with the GBD on coaching and development of all members of the team
- Lead the audio team, ensuring all staff are delivering exceptional customer service through the efficient and accurate turnaround of briefs, pitches, and proposals
- Assist the Group Business Director with all requested reporting attending regular 1-2-1’s with the required information
- Prepare weekly forecast figures and assist GBD with weekly reporting requirements
- Provide an ongoing analysis of Omnicom agency spend patterns to identify opportunities to grow revenue