Our client is the arts and culture content agency, with 20 years’ experience of working with cultural institutions, global luxury brands, corporate companies, and their partners. Our client uses their in-depth knowledge of the arts and culture sector to design and create content that attracts, engages, and retains audiences for cultural brands.
About the role
Our client requires an experienced advertising sales manager to work across a portfolio of arts, culture and luxury publications and digital platforms. The successful candidate will have an imaginative approach to sales, excellent verbal and communication skills, be highly organised and able to work efficiently under pressure to meet deadlines and targets. Knowledge and interest in the arts would be encouraged.
Key work skills should include:
- Establishing and maintaining new and existing advertising clients
- Working on client and agency proposals of all sizes across multiple platforms
- Proactively exploring new areas of business expansion for the Development Department in terms of lead generation, new business proposals, new target markets and product implementation
- Achieving and exceeding weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual revenue targets
- Forecast revenue weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually as required by the Director of Development
- Work with the Director of Development to prepare annual business plans, budgets and revenue targets for both the overall Development Department as well as for each individual platform/title
- Manage, develop and motivate an advertising team
- and long-term product and sales strategies for each platform/title
Ideally you will have…
- 8-10 years media experience
- Understanding of the arts, cultural and luxury media landscape across print, digital and social platforms
- Prior experience of managing and developing a successful sales team within media
- Solid address contacts book including global advertising agencies, PR companies arts and cultural institutions, galleries and luxury clients
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written with an outgoing personality with a flair for creativity
- Strong self-motivation with a proactive mentality
- Negotiation and objection handling is central to any sales environment; therefore, you must be determined and resilient, constantly looking for new solutions to problems
- Time management and attention to detail are essential, as well as the ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office (Google docs, Excel, PowerPoint and Word) along with the experience of a Sales CRM System.