About the Company
Our client is one of the fastest growing podcast networks in the UK. They are a unique and exciting UK joint venture between two of the biggest global podcast companies in the world. Their network has access to over 400 podcasts, globally achieving 512 million monthly listens. They are on a mission to transform podcasting into a major part of the media landscape, and we're looking for like-minded enthusiasts to help.
Our client is looking for a passionate, experienced and ambitious Account Director to join their team. This role is an integral part of growing the sales team; you will be responsible for identifying new business opportunities, building out relationships with senior decision makers at agencies and growing your own clients. The role will have a direct responsibility to grow advertising revenue across their Sport portfolio with additional opportunities to grow revenue across other channels also including Comedy, Health and Wellbeing, Business and Lifestyle. They are looking for an individual who has experience with working directly with brands and media agencies to help grow revenue across long term commercial partnerships, host reads and spot advertising.
You must enjoy working in a fast-paced start-up environment, be self-motivated and enjoy using creative thinking to find solutions that excite advertisers and enable the sales team to excel. This role is perfect for a lover of podcasts who is keen to evangelise the medium and accelerate their sales experience in an exciting, fast-growing industry.
Role and responsibilities
● Working closely with the Head of Sales and wider team to drive sponsorships and creative solution revenue across our sport vertical and extending commercial opportunities across wider inventory. Identifying, prospecting and growing new business opportunities with a focus on Sports content.
● Create engaging media partnerships for clients, responding to briefs and writing high quality strategies.
● Personal account management; building strong relationships with clients and agencies, finding creative solutions, executing campaigns, troubleshooting issues and providing excellent customer service.
● Liaising with sales planners, content, ad-ops & finance teams in the UK and US to ensure smooth delivery of all campaigns.
● Keeping up to date on innovations across the podcast industry and educating clients and the market on new developments
● Other duties as assigned
Skills / Requirements
● 4+ years experience in sales, preferably in a podcast/digital audio or broadcast media background
● Highly experienced with a proven track record of new business development and established brand and agency relationships.
● Ability to generate high quality reports and presentations with attention to detail using Excel / Keynote / Word / Powerpoint / Salesforce
● Strong communication skills and the capability to effectively get the best from clients, colleagues and managers.
● Self-motivated and tenacious with an ability to prioritise and hit targets and deadlines.
● Ability to prioritise workload and flexibility to work with international colleagues.
● Passion for podcasting and an interest in sport.