About the Role
Focused on a distinct agency territory the main purpose of the role is to drive revenues through effective airtime trading, digital audio via Instream and selling creative solutions whilst building the company’s external reputation by ensuring that we are seen as a dynamic, collaborative, respected partner.
The Audio Account Director is responsible for driving demand for radio airtime, digital audio via Instream and S&P agency revenues.
The Audio Account Director reports to the Audio Group Head. They work closely with the Client Lead(s), and Creative Strategist(s) aligned to the hub to ensure the Customer Strategies and Adventure Process are implemented effectively in relation to audio.
While airtime trading, digital audio via Instream and audio-led creative solutions will be the core focus, the role also heavily involves selling cross-platform partnership opportunities across the company’s publishing and event platforms where appropriate. Furthermore, as the appetite for digital and digital audio increases, the candidate is expected to help lead our digital audio proposition, understand our digital audio strategy, raising both our profile in this space securing incremental revenue.
- Drive airtime revenue and share of airtime spend across the agency territory. Build, maintain and develop deep relationships with AV investment and partnership teams
- Work closely with the Audio Group Head to drive digital audio revenue via Instream, mirroring our consumer journey and incremental reach for airtime/creative opportunities
- Ensure and our day-to-day service is fast, efficient and accurate with exemplary attention to detail
- Lead relationships with personnel within the hub agencies identified through the contact strategy within the Customer Strategies
- Ensure all new audio innovations and creative opportunities are effectively communicated and presented to relevant personnel within the hub agencies
- Respond to incoming creative partnership/S&P briefs in conjunction with the Client and Adventure team
- Sell creatively – look for intelligent solutions to issues and airtime trading. Cross selling and upselling wherever possible
- Ensure S&P contracts are administered effectively, accurately and in a timely fashion in conjunction with the Audio Group Head
- Create compelling PCAs following the implementation of partnerships/S&P clearly articulating the impact and influence of the campaign. Produced in conjunction with the Audio Group Head
- Assist the Audio Group Head with all requested reporting attending regular 1-2-1’s with the required information
- Experience of/ability to work with tier 1 media agencies
- A demonstrable passion for media, audio and digital audio
- Established relationships with AV teams and/or partnership teams
- A strong consultative sales approach with proven ability in trading airtime and selling creative partnership opportunities
- A true team-player with a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Confident presentation skills, with the ability to engage both internal and external audiences
- Firm understanding of rival media channels, audio and digital audio