As an Account Director you are responsible for building and maintaining professional and profitable relationships with key Media Agency accounts, and their associated clients, identifying new business opportunities with new and existing advertisers, developing creative opportunities, and establishing and managing sales deals generating maximum revenue for our client.
- Generate maximum revenue by building strong Media Agency client relationships
- Influence at source by building strong relationships within the marketing and media teams client side for associated agency accounts within your book of business.
- Identify key sales opportunities within new and existing Media Agency clients
- Identify key areas for future business development including programmatic revenue
- Grow a comprehensive understanding of advertisers’ business and media objectives.
- To work as an ambassador on behalf of our client's business ensuring our client is perceived as the brand market leader
- Own relationships through the line (client and agency) with specific Media Agency accounts to influence activity towards OOH market and to our cleint specifically, and to ensure proactive pitching to Media Agencies is effective and drives revenue via specialists.
- Work closely with Head of Agency and Client sales and Marketing to deliver the best representation for owned accounts
- Ensure CRM is used daily to manage appointments and communications
- Be a forward thinking, creative and innovative member of the team to influence planning decisions.
- Adhere to and advocate wider adoption of the established business and commercial policies, and enabling processes and governance, in place to achieve our client's business strategy
- A visionary who can inspire colleagues and clients to bring new revenues in from other media.
- Provide feedback, sales leads and best practice methods to colleagues taken from client meetings and conversations.
- Focus efforts and time on the development and performance of the Agency business and development of client direct contacts. May be required to spend a minority of time with other organisations (e.g. Specialist) to support and enable Agency performance.
- Support the diversification of the customer base across multiple agencies and organisations
- Internally and externally recognised as a best practice sales expert within your area and expert negotiation and sales closing skills.
- To be aware and keep up to date with the market and competitor media landscape (across media channels) to challenge the status quo and increase our client's revenue growth.
- Has an understanding of multimedia channel planning and buying in order to influence direction of spend with direct clients.
- Confident engaging with senior agency and client contacts to evangelise the airport environment and influence media buying decisions.
Qualifications and Experience
- Experienced in media (and preferably digital and OOH media) trading and management
- Proven in-depth sales generation, negotiation and account management skills and experiences, preferably within the digital and OOH media marketplace.
- An understanding of business, financials, products/services, the market or the needs/challenges of assigned accounts
- Demonstrable capability/experience to:
- Develop colleagues' and customers' understanding of airport proposition
- Act as an expert in the management and delivery of customer campaigns from objective translation into booking and through to implementation
- Success working with moderately complex sales or account management processes
- Working directly with clients in a consultative process to influence further down the sales funnel
- Successfully engaging in partnerships and pitching that encompasses both client and agency representation